CURRENTLY OPEN CERTIFICATED POSITIONS
FULL TIME DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS AND PROGRAMS - Apply directly on EdJoin here. See the full Job Description here. The salary for this position is determined based on years of experience and education identified on IVA's teacher schedule with an additional 25% increase due to increased responsibilities and work year.
The Intellectual Virtues Academy Director of Operations and Programs works closely with IVA's Principal and Counselor to protect the school's mission and vision in all areas related to compliance and operations of this independent charter school and is responsible for implementing effective and efficient operations, policies, programs, and procedures at IVA school site. This includes managing the Student Information and Attendance Reporting, Health and Safety, Insurance, and Facilities as well as ensuring that the school is in compliance with all local, district, state and federal laws and regulations. They will work closely with IVA’s principal, back office provider and other charter school consultants in their efforts to provide the school with operational and financial guidance and assistance. The Director of Programs and Operations may manage operations staff including Office Supervisor and Nutritional Services Coordinator and will report to the School Principal.
PART TIME (~15 hour) INSTRUCTIONAL AIDE- any/all subjects: The instructional aide will provide support to students in identified courses. Support may be provided in individual, small group or large group settings, as determined by the lead teacher. Demonstrates initiative in supervising students, concern for students’ well-being and development, and motivation toward developing a culture of learning and growth. Apply on EdJoin here.
PART TIME (~15 hour) BEHAVIOR SUPPORT & SUPERVISION AIDE-: The behavior support aide will provide support to students primarily during breaks, lunch, and after school to support the growth and development of students social interactions within a school setting. The aide receives training and support from IVA's Counselor and may be provide in individual, small group or large group support for students in addressing conflict and making healthy personal choices. Demonstrates initiative in supervising students, concern for students’ well-being and development, and motivation toward developing a culture of learning and growth. Apply on EdJoin here.
See the full job description: Part_Time_Behavior_Support_and_Intervention_Aide_Job_Description_2021-2022.pdf
JOBS AT IVA
To see any available jobs at IVA click on this link to EdJoin and review the job descriptions.
We process applications for all of our positions through EdJoin. Only applicants who complete the application process will be contacted. IVA's hiring season is ongoing as needed. If there are no current jobs posted below please check back again in the fall. Thank you for applying! Note: All credential requirements are in line with IVA’s Charter.
- See IVA's Board Adopted Salary Schedule for teachers, counselor, and program administrator: IVA_Salary_Schedule_Adopted_52319.pdf
- **We recommend any interested applicant take a tour of the school to learn more about our program!
Learn about Teaching at IVA
Responsibilities and Duties of Teachers Related to an Intellectual Virtues Model of Education
- Develop a firm understanding of IVA’s nine “master virtues.”
- Develop a firm understanding of the core principles and practices required of an intellectual virtues educational model.
- Systematically implement the core principles and practices of an intellectual virtues framework, including creation of a classroom culture, and the daily employment of pedagogical strategies, that are conducive to growth in intellectual virtues.
- Participate in ongoing professional development aimed at better understanding and practicing an intellectual virtues approach to education.
- Engage in ongoing self-reflection and self-assessment aimed at his/her own growth in intellectual virtues.
- Model IVA’s nine “master virtues” in all interactions with students and other IVA stakeholders.
- Continue to nurture his/her own passion for and knowledge of content area.