Title IX and Anti-Discrimination
Pursuant to Education Code and the Title IX (nine) Federal civil rights law, it is the policy of IVA to create and maintain a learning environment where students and employees are treated with dignity, decency and respect. Discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying based on any of the following characteristics, whether actual or perceived, is unlawful:
- Race, color, national original (including language use restrictions), immigration or citizenship status
- Religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices)
- Ancestry or age
- Physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, or genetic information
- Sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth)
- Sexual Orientation or marital status
- Gender, gender identity, gender expression
- Military and veteran status
Discrimination based on any of the above characteristics, or based on any other legally protected category, undermines the character and purpose of IVA. Such discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying violates school policy and will not be tolerated.
IVA's full Sexual Harassment (Title IX), Discrimination, Intimidation, and Bullying Prevention Policy is located within our Student and Parent Handbook, which can be accessed here. The Student and Parent Handbook also contains information for how to file a complaint related to harassment or discrimination of any kind.
If you have additional questions regarding Title IX specifically or harassment/discrimination more generally, please contact our Title IX Coordinator:
Jacquie Bryant - Founding Principal
3601 Linden Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90807