In the Spring of 2022 the school collected feedback from all stakeholders to propose a change to the dress code.
Please contact us if you are unable to purchase clothing within the dress code.
IVA connects families in need with community resources.
Families - we appreciate all dress code donations to help provide students with dress code clothing.
Free Dress Days:
Common sense guidelines for dressing modestly apply. Free dress days are assigned at the discretion of the principal.
IVA Spirit Wear:
IVA Spirit Wear is coordinated by the PTA. Purchasing windows are announced through IVA's weekly newsletters.
Dress Code at other School Events:
Required dress for any school event is in line with our regular dress code and requires a level of attire to fit the occasion. For events such as dances and promotion, please see below.
Promotion Dress: Casual, comfortable dress attire that falls within the school dress code. The 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony event is intended to be a semi-formal event that requires a level of attire that fits the occasion.
Promotion Extra Tips:
- Nicer than jeans. Example: Dress pants or dress
- Fingertip length or more
- Nicer than t-shirts. Example: blouse/formal top
- Shoulders covered
- Comfortable & easy to walk in
- No greater than 2" heels
Dress Code, Tardies, Cell Phone Use, Chromebook Misuse - Tracking Infractions
Intellectual Virtues Academy has adopted the following general guidelines in order to enhance student achievement, create a safe learning environment, provide school able to operate with limited distractions, hazards, or threat to students' health, safety, and general welfare.
IVA tracks these student infractions in a few areas: being out of dress code, use of cell phone on campus, tardies to class during the school day, disruptions at our full school Virtue ceremony or assemblies, and other types of harm to campus incidents.
IVA follows three steps to address these types of out of the classroom infractions:
1) warning: student will receive notice of the infraction and change out or have their cell phone held in the office until the end of the day
2) family notice: notice to student and home about the policy and the second infraction: parent will pick up the cell phone after school
3) consequence: notice home about third infraction, which may result in any of the following: loss of break, school activity, cell phone contract, behavior contract and/or parent conference