Please contact us if you are unable to purchase clothing within the dress code.
IVA connects families in need with community resources.
Families - we appreciate all dress code donations to help provide students with dress code clothing.
Free Dress Days:
Common sense guidelines for dressing modestly apply. Free dress days are assigned at the discretion of the principal.
IVA Spirit Wear:
IVA Spirit Wear is coordinated by the PTA. Purchasing windows are announced through IVA's weekly newsletters.
Dress Code at other School Events:
Required dress for any school event is in line with our regular dress code and requires a level of attire to fit the occasion. For events such as dances and promotion, please see below.
Promotion Dress: Casual, comfortable dress attire that falls within the school dress code. The 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony event is intended to be a semi-formal event that requires a level of attire that fits the occasion.
Promotion Extra Tips:
- Nicer than jeans. Example: Dress pants or dress
- Fingertip length or more
- Nicer than t-shirts. Example: blouse/formal top
- Shoulders covered
- Comfortable & easy to walk in
- No greater than 2" heels
Dress Code, Tardies, Cell Phone Use, Virtue Ceremony - Tracking Infractions
Intellectual Virtues Academy has adopted the following general guidelines in order to enhance student achievement, create a safe learning environment, provide a spirit of school pride, and so that the school can operate free from distraction, hazard, or threat to students' health, safety, and general welfare.
IVA tracks student infractions in a few areas: being out of dress code, use of cell phone on campus, tardies to class during the school day, disruptions at our full school Virtue ceremony or assemblies, and other types of harm to campus incidents.
IVA follows three steps to address these types of out of the classroom infractions:
1) warning: student will change out or have cell phone held in the office
2) email home about the policy and notice of second infraction: parent pick up the cell phone after school
3) email home about third infraction, which may result in any of the following: loss of school activity, cell phone contract, parent conference.