To see any available jobs at IVA click on this link to EdJoin and review the job descriptions. We process applications for all of our positions through EdJoin. Only applicants who complete the application process will be contacted. IVA's hiring season is ongoing as needed. If there are no current jobs posted below please check back again in the spring. Thank you for applying!
Note: All credential requirements are in line with IVA’s Charter.
*For reference, please see the board adopted IVA salary scale for teachers, counselor, and program administrator.
**We recommend any interested applicant come to take a tour of the school to learn more about our program!
CURRENTLY OPEN CERTIFICATED POSITIONS
2 PART TIME SOCIAL SCIENCE SUBSTITUTE TEACHER POSITIONS: To learn more about our school, sign up for one of our weekly tours!
- Social Science / History Substitute Teacher Job Description
- Apply on EdJoin here. Application processing in October, hiring in November 2018.
- CBEST and Social Science/History Single Subject Credential required.
CURRENTLY OPEN CLASSIFIED POSITIONS
FULL TIME ADMIN ASSISTANT W/BENEFITS - NOW HIRING
Join a staff and faculty of individuals who desire their own growth in intellectual character and are committed to creating and maintaining a school of deep care, support, and development for students. Consider being a part of our office staff team. IVA is current interviewing for this position so apply today!
See EdJoin to apply. To learn more about the position see the Job Description.
1 PART TIME INSTRUCTIONAL AIDE & PART TIME AFTER SCHOOL TUTOR
IVA will hire two part time instructional aides for the 2018-2019 school year for a total of 15-20 hours a week each to help provide academic assistance for students in classes and potentially as a part of an after school homework help program. If you know especially of any current college students interested in a part time after school position at a school please have them apply on EdJoin here. To learn more about the position see the Job Description.
To see all open positions at IVA middle school or at our high school, The Academy, search for Intellectual Virtues Academy on EdJoin.
We find that the recommendations from IVA families provide the strongest reference and connection.
Thank you for thinking of who might find value joining our mission who might be a great fit for our school.
Responsibilities and Duties of Teachers Related to an Intellectual Virtues Model of Education
- Develop a firm understanding of IVA’s nine “master virtues.”
- Develop a firm understanding of the core principles and practices required of an intellectual virtues educational model.
- Systematically implement the core principles and practices of an intellectual virtues framework, including creation of a classroom culture, and the daily employment of pedagogical strategies, that are conducive to growth in intellectual virtues.
- Participate in ongoing professional development aimed at better understanding and practicing an intellectual virtues approach to education.
- Engage in ongoing self-reflection and self-assessment aimed at his/her own growth in intellectual virtues.
- Model IVA’s nine “master virtues” in all interactions with students and other IVA stakeholders.
- Continue to nurture his/her own passion for and knowledge of content area.