To see any available jobs at IVA click on this link to EdJoin and review the job descriptions. We process applications for all of our positions through EdJoin. Only applicants who complete the application process will be contacted. IVA's hiring season is ongoing as needed. If there are no current jobs posted below please check back again in the spring. Thank you for applying!
Note: All credential requirements are in line with IVA’s Charter.
*For reference, please see the board adopted IVA salary scale for teachers, counselor, and program administrator.
**We recommend any interested applicant come to take a tour of the school to learn more about our program!
CURRENTLY OPEN CERTIFICATED POSITIONS
FULL TIME MATHEMATICS TEACHER:
- Math Teacher Job Description
- Apply on EdJoin here. Hiring late July or early August. Position includes summer training August 6-9, 9:00am to 3:00pm and August 14-16.
FULL TIME PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER:
- Physical Education Teacher Job Description
- Apply on EdJoin here. Hiring late July or early August. Position includes summer training August 6-9 9:00am to 3:00pm and August 14-16.
- Part Time Program Administrator Job Description.
- Apply on EdJoin here. Hiring Summer 2018 to begin immediately upon hire.
CURRENTLY OPEN CLASSIFIED POSITIONS
PART TIME RECREATION AIDE
IVA will hire one 11 hour a week Recreation Aide to help supervise students during break and lunch. If you know anyone who is interested in applying for this position please have them complete an application on EdJoin here. To learn more about the position please see the Job Description.
PART TIME AFTER SCHOOL TUTOR(S)
IVA will hire two part time After School Tutors for the 2018-2019 school year for a total of 10 hours a week each to help provide academic assistance for students. If you know especially of any current college students interested in a part time after school position at a school please have them apply on EdJoin here. To learn more about the position see the Job Description.
To see all open positions at IVA middle school or at our high school, The Academy, search for Intellectual Virtues Academy on EdJoin.
We find that the recommendations from IVA families provide the strongest reference and connection.
Thank you for thinking of who might find value joining our mission who might be a great fit for our school.
Responsibilities and Duties of Teachers Related to an Intellectual Virtues Model of Education
- Develop a firm understanding of IVA’s nine “master virtues.”
- Develop a firm understanding of the core principles and practices required of an intellectual virtues educational model.
- Systematically implement the core principles and practices of an intellectual virtues framework, including creation of a classroom culture, and the daily employment of pedagogical strategies, that are conducive to growth in intellectual virtues.
- Participate in ongoing professional development aimed at better understanding and practicing an intellectual virtues approach to education.
- Engage in ongoing self-reflection and self-assessment aimed at his/her own growth in intellectual virtues.
- Model IVA’s nine “master virtues” in all interactions with students and other IVA stakeholders.
- Continue to nurture his/her own passion for and knowledge of content area.