How to Apply:
IVA es una escuela abierta, pública, gratuita, no sectaria, sin requisitos de admisión. Cualquier estudiante de sexto, séptimo o octavo grado, de cualquier distrito escolar, puede solicitar. ¿Está interesado en solicitar el Año Escolar 2018-2019? Las solicitudes estarán disponibles aquí. Todas las solicitudes recibidas antes del viernes 16 de marzo serán ingresadas en el sorteo público.
IVA is an open, public, free, non-sectarian charter school with no admission requirements. Any 6th, 7th, or 8th grader, from any school district, may apply. Interested in applying for the 2018-2019 School Year? Applications are available now! All applications received by Friday, March 16th will be entered into the lottery.
IVA គឺជាសាលាធម្មនុញ្ញមួយដែលបើកចំហរសាធារណៈដោយឥតគិតថ្លៃមិនមាននិកាយដោយមិនមានតម្រូវការចូលរៀនឡើយ។ សិស្សថ្នាក់ទី 6, ទី 7 ឬទី 8 ណាមួយមកពីសាលារៀនណាមួយអាចស្នើសុំ។ ចាប់អារម្មណ៍ក្នុងការស្នើសុំសម្រាប់ឆ្នាំសិក្សា 2018-2019? កម្មវិធីនឹងមាននៅក្នុងខែធ្នូ។ រាល់ពាក្យសុំដែលបានទទួលនៅថ្ងៃសុក្រទី 16 ខែមីនានឹងត្រូវបានបញ្ចូលទៅក្នុងឆ្នោត។
Click here to subscribe to our email list and receive updates on the application process.
Open Enrollment Window
Open Enrollment is the time from mid-December through March of the year prior to admission where families can apply and be entered into the Lottery. In April of each year, a lottery drawing is held if the number of applications exceeds the number of available spots. Those not selected in the lottery are automatically added to IVA's wait-list, and will be notified when an open spot is available. We cannot guarantee a space for all interested students and, therefore, encourage all to also apply at their neighborhood middle school or another middle school of choice.
Applications are accepted throughout the year, but only those submitted during Open Enrollment are eligible to take part in the lottery drawing. Applications submitted outside of the Open Enrollment period, or in the months of April through November, are added to IVA's wait-list.
The wait-list is refreshed each year so make sure to fill out a new application each year if a spot in admission is not received.
How to Apply for this next School Year
Applications for the next School Year will be released in December of the current year. Applications will be released on paper and also available for online submission each year in December.
Those using the IVA mailbox after regular office hours, please indicate the time and date submitted. If sending via U.S. Postal Service, the postmark date will be honored.
Admission Step-by-Step & Timeline
- Choose IVA: Attend one of our IVA CHOICE Nights and Open House scheduled between December and March, or schedule a campus tour.
- Apply: Submit an application during Open Enrollment, which is anytime between the third Friday in December and the third Friday in March. Those received during Open Enrollment will be entered into our public lottery. (Others will be added to IVA's wait-list.)
- Public Lottery: A public lottery drawing is typically scheduled for the end of March and is open to the public. Names are randomly chosen until available spaces are filled. Remaining names are placed on the wait-list in the order they are chosen.
- Notification of Admission: All applicants are notified of lottery results within 10 days of the drawing.
- Register: To secure the spot, students selected in the lottery drawing or admitted from the wait-list must return registration materials by the deadline.
Important Enrollment Dates
December 5, 2017 - 2018-19 Applications Released
March 16, 2018 - Applications for lottery due
April 12, 2018 - Public Lottery
April 22, 2018 - Notice of lottery results
May 10, 2018 - Registration due for students admitted in the lottery
Looking Back and Looking Ahead
2013-2014: Our first year, IVA enrolled 56 founding 6th graders.
2014-2015: Our open second school year, adding another class of 6th graders to be a school size of approximately 112 students.
2015-2016: In our third year, IVA has 6th, 7th, and 8th grades totaling approximately 170 students.
2016-2017: We welcome our fourth class of students, expanding slightly so that our incoming class of 6th graders has 78 students.
2017-2018: We welcome our fifth class of students.
2018-2019: We welcome our sixth class of students. IVA is at full enrollment, with a school size of 234 students.
For any questions, please email or call the IVA office at (562) 912-7017.