Applications for the 2019-2020 School Year Open in December
How to Enroll: Complete an Application
IVA is an open, public, free, non-sectarian charter school with no admission requirements. Any 6th, 7th, or 8th grader, from any school district, may apply.
IVA es una escuela autónoma abierta, pública, gratuita y no sectaria, sin requisitos de admisión. Cualquier estudiante de 6º, 7º o 8º grado de cualquier distrito escolar puede presentar una solicitud.
IVA គឺជាសាលាធម្មនុញ្ញមួយដែលបើកចំហរសាធារណៈដោយឥតគិតថ្លៃមិនមាននិកាយដោយមិនមានតម្រូវការចូលរៀនឡើយ។ សិស្សថ្នាក់ទី 6, ទី 7 ឬទី 8 ណាមួយមកពីសាលារៀនណាមួយអាចស្នើសុំ។
Interested in applying for the 2018-2019 School Year?
Applications for this school year can be turned in on a paper app directly in the office.
¿Interesado en aplicar para el año escolar 2018-2019?
Las solicitudes para este año escolar se pueden entregar en una aplicación de papel directamente en la oficina.
Click here to subscribe to our email list and receive updates on the application process.
Haga clic aquí para suscribirse a nuestra lista de correo electrónico y recibir actualizaciones sobre el proceso de solicitud.
Open Enrollment Window for the Public Lottery
Open Enrollment is the time from mid-December through March of the year prior to admission where families can apply and be entered into the Lottery. In April of each year, a lottery drawing is held if the number of applications exceeds the number of available spots. Those not selected in the lottery are automatically added to IVA's wait-list, and will be notified when an open spot is available. We cannot guarantee a space for all interested students and, therefore, encourage all to also apply at their neighborhood middle school or another middle school of choice.
Applications are accepted throughout the year, but only those submitted during Open Enrollment are eligible to take part in the lottery drawing. Applications submitted outside of the Open Enrollment period, or in the months of April through November, are added to IVA's wait-list.
The wait-list is refreshed each year so make sure to fill out a new application each year if a spot in admission is not received.
How to Apply for the next school year
Applications for the next School Year will be released in December of the current year. Applications will be released on paper and also available for online submission each year in December.
Those using the IVA mailbox after regular office hours, please indicate the time and date submitted. If sending via U.S. Postal Service, the postmark date will be honored.
Admission Step-by-Step & Timeline
- Choose IVA: Attend one of our IVA CHOICE Nights and Open House scheduled between December and March, or schedule a campus tour.
- Apply: Submit an application during Open Enrollment, which is anytime between the third Friday in December and the third Friday in March. Those received during Open Enrollment will be entered into our public lottery. (Others will be added to IVA's wait-list.)
- Public Lottery: A public lottery drawing is typically scheduled for the end of March and is open to the public. Names are randomly chosen until available spaces are filled. Remaining names are placed on the wait-list in the order they are chosen.
- Notification of Admission: All applicants are notified of lottery results within 10 days of the drawing.
- Register: To secure the spot, students selected in the lottery drawing or admitted from the wait-list must return registration materials by the deadline.
Important Enrollment Months
Late December Applications Released
March - Applications for lottery due
April - Public Lottery
April - Notice of lottery results
May - Registration due for students admitted in the lottery
2018-2019: We welcome our sixth class of students. IVA is at full enrollment, with a school size of 234 students.
2017-2018: We welcome our fifth class of students.
2016-2017: We welcome our fourth class of students, expanding slightly so that our incoming class of 6th graders has 78 students.
2015-2016: In our third year, IVA has 6th, 7th, and 8th grades totaling approximately 170 students.
2014-2015: Our open second school year, adding another class of 6th graders to be a school size of approximately 112 students.
2013-2014: Our first year, IVA enrolled 56 founding 6th graders.
For any questions, please email or call the IVA office at (562) 912-7017.