Thursday, June 14, 2018, 09:00am
This year our promotion will be held the morning of the last day of school.
To see all the details for 8th grade families, link to this dedicated newsletter. Here are a few points that will be helpful for you to know.
Dear 8th Grade Families,
Here are a few reminders about your 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony:
1. Please park on the black top. Enter off of 36th Street. Signs will direct you from the lot to the Sanctuary where the ceremony will be held.
2. Students, arrive by 8:20AM (please do not be tardy) and meet upstairs in Room 213. Please do not bring anything with you (unless it can fit in your pocket), as you will be dismissed after the ceremony and will not return to the classroom.
3. We encourage students to dress nicely, as if they were going out to a nice restaurant. This is not a formal event. Wear comfortable shoes that enable you to easily walk on stage.
4. Please limit your guests to 5 persons per family. Seating is on a first come first serve basis. Guests are discouraged from saving additional seats for guests not present.
6. To maintain a celebratory environment, please do not bring distractions such as balloons, blow horns, large signs or obstructions. They will not be allowed into the ceremony or foyer. No exceptions.
7. No food or drinks are permitted in the sanctuary.
8. We hope to have a volunteer photographer capture the special moments of this event. You can view pictures on 6/17.
9. We will also have our IVA photo backdrop in the lobby for families to take photos after the ceremony. IVA teachers and staff will return to their classrooms to finish out the school day at 10:15pm. Be quick with any teacher hugs and pictures to give consideration to other promoting students.
10. Photos of each student in 6th, 7th, and 8th-grade will be on display in the lobby and available for you to take home after the ceremony. Our gift to you!
We look forward to celebrating with you!
IVA Staff and PTA