IVA Parent Teacher Association
Connect with your community at IVA!
We value parent involvement at Intellectual Virtues Academy Middle School. Our Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) was incorporated prior to opening the school in the summer of 2013. The goal of the PTSA at IVA is to create opportunities for families to get involved.
To get involved check out more details in the weekly parent newsletter, contact the PTA chair, or connect with the office to learn more.
Become a Member - make a difference!
The IVA PTA raises funds for field trips, classroom enrichment, PE equipment, school dances, student events, clubs, outdoor beautification, and much more! A portion of the membership fee goes to support and advocate for children on the state and national level. Dues are $8.00 per person. Anyone can be a member: teachers, school administrators, students, parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, friends, and even neighbors! Envelopes are available in the main office.
IVA's PTA holds one main fundraiser each year in the Spring to sponsor field trips, dances, and provide for a thriving program at IVA complete with chromebooks, electronics, benches and shade for lunch, and much much more.
The Fit-A-Thon is intended to be a fundraiser where the community reaches out to their friends, neighbors and family, and how about local businesses, in person with the Pledge Sheet included in your Pledge Packet. Both are available to download using the link below!
Contact the PTA
Your 2018-2019PTA Board
- President - Dana Stump
- VP of Membership - Kim Boss
- Ways and Means - Cheryl Mathieu
- Treasurer - Jennifer van der Fluit
- Secretary - Holly Luedee
Additional Officers & Chairmen
- Spirit Wear Coordinator - AnneMarie Alvarez
- Volunteer Coordinator - Kim Boss
- Reflections Program Chair - Lori Stahl
- Education Chair - Erinn Baehr
- Auditor - Gaby Schmidt
- Dance Chair - Kimberly Gonzalez
- Photographer - Nicole Summers
- School Photos Chair - Nichole Summers
ANNOUNCING THE 2019-2020 PTA SLATE (updated April 17, 2019)
President - OPEN
Executive VP - OPEN
1st VP Membership - Kim Boss
2nd VP Ways and Means - Gina Overholt
Recording Secretary - Lori Stahl
Treasurer - AnnMarie Alvarez
Historian - Jennie Marvin
Auditor - Gaby Schmidt
PTA General Association Meeting Dates
IVA's PTA meets quarterly from 7:00pm to 8:00pm. Meetings include Parent Education topics that our parents have expressed interest in. These presentations are between 30 and 45 minutes.
Points of Access: Parent Connection to School
Ways for parents to be involved in their students' learning and character formation at IVA.
- Back to School Night - Experience learning at IVA! How do you evaluate a school program for effectiveness?
- PTSA General Meetings - Support enrichment! How can parents get involved in activities and events at the school site?
- Parent Academy Nights - Be a part of the discussion! How do we use an intellectual virtues approach at home?
- Parent Conferences - Apply the virtues to learning! What is my child's relationship with learning and how does that play out in the classroom?
- Illuminate and Google Classroom - Support your student! How can I sit alongside my child and help them navigate assignments and communication with teachers?